Welcome to our COVID response page. Below you’ll find all the critical information about The Bronx Lab School during the pandemic . We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe. We will update the information here as conditions change. The NYC DOE Return to School 2020 site section also has important information and resources for you. See the Update for Families letter
If you have any questions, please contact
AP Al Sylvia
or by text: 917-300-8174
Remote Learning Schedule
To check your student's remote learning schedule, log into JumpRope by:
- Clicking on the icon above.
- Enter your username (it is your student's Bronx Lab email address)
- Enter your password (it is your student's ID number)
- Once logged in click on "Schedule" from the left menu.
- To see your students current progress, click on "Mastery" from the left menu and pull down the arrows next to each class.
We are committed to making sure that all students can successfully connect to online learning from home.
- If your student needs a laptop or tablet, fill out the Device Request Form to reserve your device. Borrowing a device is free! Once the form is filled out, please text or email AP Al Sylvia at firstname.lastname@example.org or 917-300-8174. He will help determine which device is appropriate for you and arrange for a pick-up.
- Borrowed devices should be used for school purposes only and kept in a secure location.
- If you are not able to get internet hooked up in your home, please text or email AP Al Sylvia at email@example.com or 917-300-8174. He will help you connect your device OR help you obtain the appropriate connectivity.
- If your children have borrowed
an iPad from the DoE and experience internet-connectivity issues, they can request help through the Technical Support for Families form.
- If your children have borrowed a Chromebook and/or WiFi device from Bronx Lab School and experience connectivity issues please text or email AP Al Sylvia at firstname.lastname@example.org or 917-300-8174. He will work to get you online.
- We are committed to getting ALL students connected. No matter your issue, please contact your student’s advisor or AP Al Sylvia. We will get your child online!
Remote Learning Expectations
During hybrid or 100% remote learning, your child is expected to come to all scheduled classes and complete all assignments provided by the teacher in each class. At the same time, we recognize that working independently at home is different and difficult for many students. We are working to make sure all students have what they need to succeed. Here are some tips to Remote Learning Success. Please try to do the following:
- Students and families should check Google Classroom daily for important updates from their teachers. Students should also check their @bronxlabstudents.org email daily.
- When signing in for virtual classes or meetings, please make sure students are on time, appropriately dressed, and ready to learn. Please try to reduce background noise and distractions as much as possible.
- Students must sign into Google Classroom with their @bronxlabstudents.org email. If a student needs a password reset, please text or email AP Al Sylvia at email@example.com or 917-300-8174.
- Teachers have provided all Google Classroom links to students. Students should access their Google Classroom Meet link on their Google Calendar by going to calendar.google.com and accessing the calendar events sent by their teachers.
- If a student is struggling in ANY class, families should contact the student’s advisor. If you don’t know your student’s advisor, please text or email AP Al Sylvia at firstname.lastname@example.org or 917-300-8174.
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: Masks must be worn at all times by all adults and students in the building.
- Handwashing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing is required at all times. Please maintain social distancing between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents are not allowed to enter the building.
- Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 100°F must stay home and notify the school. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you quarantine for a minimum of 14 days and notify the school.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.