8th Graders! COME TO Bronx Lab School!
Six Great Reasons for You to Come to Bronx Lab School!
- We are a NY Performance Standards Consortium School. This means that you will NOT take four of the required five New York State Regents standardized exams. Instead, you will design and accomplish deep inquiry projects and defend theses in four core subject areas. This is real college preparatory work!
- Our Diverse Population! Bronx Lab Students come from all around the world, with a concentration of students whose families hail from the Caribbean, Africa and Asia. You will learn with and from our diverse community!
- Advisory! Our advisory classes meet four times a week and stay together for four years with the same teacher. You will join a small family group that will help you navigate high school and beyond!
- Our Office of Student Support! You will work with a team of highly trained counselors, social workers and high school professionals who focus on your needs and your journey!
- Our Office of College Placement! You will work with full-time college and career counselors to explore post-secondary goals and complete college and scholarship applications. You will go on college trips, take part in lock-in events to complete application, and experience March Madness, a month long push to learn about, apply and be accepted to your choice of college!
- Our Student Leadership! You will take part in Peer Mediation, connect with the Student Voice Committee and be mentored by older students in our Peer Group Connection classes. Your classmates will include performers, thinkers, activists and athletes. Bronx Lab School students are our greatest asset and our greatest pride and joy!