Rent Hardship Relief Program

It Is Easier Than Ever To Apply For Rent Hardship

If your hours have been cut at work, or if you have lost your job, please fill out an Interim Recertification application immediately.

There is NO waiting period.

To apply:

  • Visit NYCHA’s Self-Service Portal at
  • Call NYCHA’s Customer Contact Center (CCC) at 718-707-7771 (select menu option "5" when prompted); OR
  • Call your Property Management Office to have a paper application mailed to you. Visit for more details.

Until further notice, NYCHA residents may SELF-CERTIFY their income loss. Supporting documents which are usually required to submit the Interim Recertification are not required at this time.

Your rent will be adjusted for the month following the submission of the application. NYCHA will accept partial rent payments until the application is processed.

Visit for more details.